Monday, May 10, 2010

Once Upon A Potty


As is my life the last 9 months or so...this post is coming late. Aidan has been potty trained for 3 or 4 months now...and I'm not calling myself an expert or anything but I got LUCKY. Thank you Lord for making my child anal. :)


We went with a sticker chart...worked like a charm. I also set the timer for every 10 minutes ... he was not into going potty so frequently and he threw some fits...so I backed the time to 20 or 30 minutes.

Day 1: 7 or 8 pairs of wet Buzz underpants (plus multiple pants and 1 pair of UGG boots!) Diaper at nap and bed...but no pee in them.

Day 2: NO WET UNDERPANTS. We kept doing diapers at nap and bed but they were always dry.

The last issue we had was POOP. Of course he (like most I hear) did not go poo for at least 1 (maybe 2) days...I caught him going in his underpants and I rushed him to his little potty although it was too late. BUT he got stickers anyways because we flopped the poo into the potty (gross I know!) :) Then he decided to hold it for a couple more days (which he never did before) but this time he said he had to go poo...we made it to the little (plastic) potty and he sat down but was scared and said he wanted to use the BIG potty...was still scared but with promises of extra stickers and a really special treat (fruit loops) he DID IT! It's been smooth sailing since then...

So proud of my boy.


1 comment: